I will be in Kota Kinabalu Sabah from 13th to 20th March 2010 to visit my mothers-in-law or my wife family there, actually the whole family is coming here, me, my wife and my son, it’s been more than a year since my wife and my son came here in Kota Kinabalu. This coming school holiday, I think it is the right time to come and visit our family here. My son HaiQal is growing up already, and hopefully he will enjoy his holiday here.
While I was in Kota Kinabalu I will conducted a small or Mini Photoshop Editing Workshop fro a small group of people. I’ve done this Mini Photoshop Workshop quite a few times already in Kuala Lumpur. It is much easier for me to give full attention to the small group of people compared to large group of a people. Actually my Mini Workshop in Kota Kinabalu is almost full already, there are so many who wanted to join but I could not take so many people this time, maybe next time I will arrange with my friends in Kota Kinabalu to make better arrangement so many people can join.
To cut the story short, this is a few things that I will teach in my Mini Photoshop Workshop, hopefully those who attend will have some basic Photoshop experience since I will not teach basic of Photoshop but more on the intermediate one. So here’s a few things :
- I will teach from ACR, how to process from RAW file, basic editing in ACR or Adobe Camera RAW.
- Basic editing or global adjustment as a starting point.
- Color enhancement, how to boost color other than using “Contrast and Saturation”.
- How to use LAB color to boost contrast.
- Black and White – How to get a great tone and contrast in Black and White, there are many ways, I will show my way.
- Tone, how to get color tones that I use frequently in my flickr, Retro, Vintage, Classic Tones.
- Texture, introduction to Texture and how to play with Texture, blend mode and how Smart Object can help Texture Work.
- Sharpness. There are many ways to sharpen your image, I will show you some other way.
- For More information about The Workshops | Please contact Mr Azman Jumat phone number : 0 1 3 8 8 9 5 9 5 9
My Mini Photoshop Workshops are fully customize actually, the point that I mention above are just guideline for those who will attend my workshops. I don’t claim myself as an expert in Photoshop because I’m not a qualified or certified Adobe instructor but I will teach what I know best from my experience using Photoshop since 2001. Most of my Photoshop works are more on enhancement except for TEXTURE work, because for texture work there is outside material involve that are not in the original photograph, we add texture into the photograph, so other than that it is enhancement not manipulation.
About the color tone in my photograph, even though I change the overall colors in the picture or it is no longer as an original colors, the content is still the same, I did not change anything about the content of the picture, I just give it a tone to make it more interesting. Knowing how to use Photoshop is one thing and know when to use it, is another thing. I work in Photojournalism line where most of my work doesn’t need Photoshop or editing at all, maybe we use Photoshop just for cropping here and there and enhance colors a bit, just that, nothing more, in fact I rarely need Photoshop doing my day to day job. I can edit my picture in the camera, just delete the bad picture and keep the good one, back in the office, downloaded it into the computer, burn a DVD and I’m done.
Get The Secret HERE